Whether you are a property manager, facilities manager or building owner, there are strict regulations put in place with regards to smoke control maintenance to ensure that your buildings are safe.
While there is project management software available to help you manage your responsibilities, having a service contract with a competent, professional smoke control servicer like Colt is still the best way to ensure you are compliant. That’s because a service agreement with us not only assures a maintenance schedule that guarantees your systems will bear up under legal scrutiny, but also that they will work properly if the worst should happen.
Our team of engineers are all extremely highly trained and we were the UK’s first company to receive the IFC certification SDI 05 - “Requirements for Contractors installing, commissioning and servicing smoke control systems”. That means not only will our engineers keep your buildings and its occupants safe, they are also experienced enough to spot danger signs before they become a problem and will extend the life of your systems. This saves you money and time down the line.
The world of fire regulation is prone to regular changes and a contract also gives you the peace of mind that, even if you are a bit vague on the particulars, our engineers have got you covered. Due to the ongoing training they receive, they are completely up to date on the latest technological and regulatory advances and will continuously advise you and implement any necessary updates as they arise.
Other important benefits of having a service contract with Colt include:
1. Where possible, we try to assign the same engineer to your site so you don’t have to waste time showing them around.
2. We have the UK’s largest team of engineers and offer true nationwide coverage. So even if you have buildings all across the UK, you’ll only have to deal with one account manager.
3. We guarantee to be with you within 24 hours. In an emergency our average response time is 8 hours, no matter where you are.
4. We operate a 24 hour, seven days a week call-out facility.
5. We tailor our service packages to your building.
6. We will arrange a programme of preventative maintenance to keep your equipment working well and meet the requirements of the RRO - The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, article 17. Find out more.
7. We have a spare parts service that is both quick and efficient, keeping down-times to a minimum. Find out more.
8. No matter who manufactured your system and what age, we can maintain and repair it.
9. We can carry out environmental surveys to help you cut energy costs and reduce your carbon footprint. Find out more.
10. We provide design support, should you wish to make alterations to your building or its function. Find out more.
It all boils down to the fact that Colt has the most comprehensive service contract on the market. We pioneered the science of smoke control back in the 1950’s so our knowledge and experience is unparalleled.
If you want to find out more about the particular benefits a service contract with Colt can offer you, get in touch.