31st October 2014, 12.30-13.30 GMT
Join me as I present a free CPD webinar on Car park ventilation.
This webinar covers:
- An explanation of the basic legislative requirements and how these are achieved using impulse ventilation
- Application of impulse ventilation, both for carbon monoxide and for smoke clearance or smoke control
- The advantages of impulse ventilation over traditional ducted extract systems
- Use of CFD
- Control systems used: carbon monoxide and heat detection systems
- How impulse ventilation can be used to control smoke movement, allowing smoke control to be used, as part of a fire strategy, to compensate for the relaxation of other legislative requirements, e.g. travel distances
- A case history of a particular project where travel distances were relaxed using impulse ventilation designed for smoke control
- An explanation of how this project was validated using CFD and live fire tests
The webinar is CPD-certified, which means that by completing it you will be able to claim CPD points.
There will be the chance to ask me questions at the end of the session, and for those who register but can't make the webinar at the last minute, the session will be recorded and made available online.
Paul Compton is Technical Director for Colt, experienced in smoke control, HVAC, solar shading and louvre systems.